Press-on nails have made their way back into popularity. In the past when you heard press-ons you probably thought tacky, right? Not anymore! They now come in cool trendy designs and can easily be mistaken for a nail salon manicure. Check out these trendy nail designs.
The trick to making press-on nails last is in the nail preparation and glue quality.
Before we get to nail preparation let's talk a bit about the glue. A decent quality glue goes a long way. Remember press-ons are not meant to last forever, that actually defeats their true purpose. They are meant to give you flexibility to easily change your look without the hassle.
To give the nail glue a fighting chance you need to properly prepare your nail bed.
- Wash your hands with soapy water to remove any oils/dirt that may be trapped on the surface.
- Trim/clip your nails as short as possible so they don't peek out from under the press-on
- File the surface of your nails, it creates a better surface for the glue to bond with the press-on
- Push back cuticles to prevent the glue from bonding to anything else other than your nail
- Wipe nails using alcohol wipe (optional)
Press-on nails are truly a great alternative to acrylics and gel nails. Especially if you have restrictions at your job or just a very busy lifestyle. They are easy to apply and can last up to 14 days days. Steps on how to apply press-on nails can be found here.