Press-on nails have made their way back into popularity. In the past when you heard press-ons you probably thought tacky, right? Not anymore! They now come in cool trendy designs and can easily be mistaken for a nail salon manicure. Check out these trendy nail designs.
Steps to applying press-on nails
- Wash your hands with soapy water to remove any oils/dirt that may be trapped on the surface.
- Trim/clip your nails as short as possible so they don't peek out from under the press-on
- File the surface of your nails, it creates a better surface for the glue to bond with the press-on
- Push back cuticles to prevent the glue from bonding to anything else other than your nail
- Wipe nails using alcohol wipe (optional)
- Apply glue to your nail and press-on. Use pressure to hold down the press-on for 5 seconds
Pro Tip: Avoid water for up to 1 hour after application to allow the glue to dry uninterrupted.
Press-on nails are truly a great alternative to acrylics and gel nails. Especially if you have restrictions at your job or just a very busy lifestyle. They are easy to apply and can last up to 14 days days.